How to Prepare Your Place for a Bed Bug Heat Treatment
Thermapro Heat Treatment offers a proven method of eliminating a bed bug infestation within one day, using controlled heat. We use Thermal Remediation™, a chemical-free and cost-effective process that circulates heated air into every part of the space, eliminating all bed bugs – from eggs to adults.
You don’t need to remove your furniture or appliances from your home, but it is important to ensure that there is good airflow for the treatment to be effective. Be sure to vacuum or sweep your home or affected room thoroughly before treatment and remove diatomaceous earth if present. We also ask that you prepare a change of clean clothes for your return at the end of the day.
Remember to inform us of any pesticides used less than three weeks ago to enable us to plan the best way to get rid of these unwanted pests from your home.
What to Leave or Remove from Your Home Before the Treatment
Prepare your house for bed bug elimination by following the checklist below. If you are unsure of how and where to place certain items, don’t worry. Our Thermapro experts will tour the space with you to ensure everything is in its right place before they begin the bed bug heat treatment process.
Furniture, Home Decor, Toys
- Leave all your furniture in the room.
- Place candles, crayons, and other waxy items in the fridge.
- Secure loose papers in a box or drawer.
- Empty waterbeds and airbeds, if any.
- Remove irreplaceable items like antiques and family heirlooms.
- Set aside oil paintings.
Food & Beverages
- Place all fresh and perishable food in the fridge.
- Keep chocolate, candies, and other foods that can melt, in the fridge.
- Place beverages like beers and carbonated drinks in the fridge.
- Leave all kitchen cupboard items in their place.
- Remove wine bottles and place them in a “DO NOT HEAT” box.
Clothing & Linens
- Hang clothes in the closet for air circulation.
- Keep clothes loosely in drawers and leave them open for air circulation.
- Remove all linens from beds and place them in garbage bags for treatment.
- Purses, shoes, and other personal belongings can be left in the room during heat treatment.
Appliances, Electronics, Music
- You can leave all electronics and small appliances in where they are in the room.
- You can leave big appliances in their place.
- Remove all musical instruments.
- Box vinyl records with a “DO NOT HEAT” label.
Pets and Houseplants
- Place toys loosely in the room or in a basket or box.
- Leave sleeping pads indoors.
- Move all pets like dogs, cats, birds, hamsters, reptiles, and fish aquariums from your house. Advise if the aquarium is too large to be moved.
- Remove houseplants.
- Remove litter boxes.
Medicine and Cosmetics
- Keep lipstick and waxy makeup in the fridge.
- Hairsprays and spray-on deodorants should be placed in a box labeled “DO NOT HEAT”.
- Keep all drugs, medications, vitamins, and cosmetics in the fridge or the “DO NOT HEAT” box.
- Perfumes and colognes should be put in the “DO NOT HEAT” box.
Pressurized & Flammable Items
Leave these items in the “DO NOT HEAT” box:
- All pressurized items such as aerosol cans, spray paint, aerosol cleaning products, and bug sprays.
- All flammable products such as butane lighters, lamp fuel, alcohol, solvents, and propane camping gas.
- Remove firearms, gunpowder, and ammunition.
Preparing to Move to a New Location?
Our professionals can eliminate bed bugs using heat treatment in your moving truck or storage container. Follow our moving truck specific preparation checklist to ensure a successful treatment. Rest assured, we will eliminate bed bugs and their eggs from all your belongings before you move into your new place.
Say Goodbye to Bed Bugs Now!
Get help from experts to remove bed bugs before they overtake your home. Thermapro Solutions is a bed bug exterminator with over 10 years of experience in this field. Our eco-friendly treatment using our certified K9 and handler team is among the best in the industry. Call us to detect, prevent, and successfully eliminate bed bugs today.
We service clients in Montreal and surrounding areas, Quebec City, the Eastern Townships, Ottawa, Gatineau, Cornwall, and many areas in between. Contact us to determine if we service your region, and to book your appointment for bed bug heat treatment.